Laminated Mattress Operator A (Machine Operator) 2nd Shift, Riverside CA
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a 2nd shift Operator A (machine operator) in our Laminated Mattress Department at our Riverside, California plant. The Operator A is responsible for the safe operation of a specific piece of equipment used to manufacture components and finished products for internal and external customers as defined by a daily production schedule.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with Quality Control, Department Manager, and other employees in the department to ensure the needs of all internal and external customers as outline by the production schedule are met. The position works in a normal manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes. This position must produce product with varying cutting instructions based on production requirements.
Additional responsibilities of the Operator A:
- Must be able to read and complete labeling process
- Maintain a neat, orderly, and safe working environment.
- Must be able to operate the machinery proficiently according to customer specification and the daily production schedule
- Conducts quality checks of all material to meet customer specifications.
- Monitors the equipment to make sure downtime is kept to a minimum
- Inputs pertinent data into the SAP system
- Must be able to make machine adjustments when necessary.
- Assists with inventory, as required.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Skills and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree
- Must have the ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime.
- Must have basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Must be able to use computerized equipment in day to day operations and have computer knowledge.
- Must have experience with forklift.
- One year manufacturing experience a plus
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
with Quality Control, Department Manager, and other employees in the department to ensure the needs of all internal and external customers as outline by the production schedule are met. The position works in a normal manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes.
Job Status: Full Time