Daily communication with the users and corporate IT support staff to provide problem solving, troubleshooting, and support. Works in a manufacturing environment.
Major responsibility involves end user Desktop, Laptop, Printer, and File server support as well as coordination of IT related projects. Must be available for assistance on an after-hours basis when required.
- Provide support for all computer users – technical, hardware, and application software.
- Install hardware and software, updates, backups, maintenance, and user support.
- Maintain communication and liaison between corporate IT staff and division.
- Purchase all computer and software supplies.
- Maintain full documentation of data, software licensing, network topology, and computer operations.
- Ensure corporate IT policies and procedures are implemented and maintained.
- Train users in new systems and operations.
- Two to five years’ experience.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of networks, hardware, and software. Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- 2-5 years’ experience installing PC operating systems (Windows XP/7/8/Server 2000/2003/2008/2012)
- Knowledgeable in replacing hard drives, CD/DVD drives, installing memory
- Excellent verbal skills; must be able to routinely interface with plant management
- Knowledgeable in basic networking fundamentals
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic
Job Status: Full Time