Cyber Security Specialist
Carpenter Co. has an immediate new opening for a Cyber Security Specialist located at the corporate office in Richmond, VA. The Cyber Security Specialist will report to the Global IT Systems Manager and will be responsible for monitoring our environment, deploying measures to secure all connected devices, Active Directory, and networks including the perimeter.
- Developing security strategies to protect internal networks, network perimeter, AD, servers, and workstations
- Researching and advising on security IT infrastructure status
- Implementing protective measures for all connected devices, networks, AD, including Syslog retention
- Monitoring all systems, AD, and networks for security breaches
- Investigating alerts, performing forensics, and providing RCA for all security breaches
- Researching the latest cybersecurity strategies to stay updated with current trends and defenses
- Developing and implementing an incident response plan to enact in the event of a cyber-attack
- Maintain full documentation of all cybersecurity investigations and environment defense deployment activities and actions
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum 5 years working experience in Cyber Security
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
- Proven work experience as a Cyber Security Specialist or similar role
- Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data and other attack artifacts
- Experience with vulnerability scanning solutions
- Proficiency with antivirus and security software
- Experience removing computer viruses and malware
- Excellent verbal skills; must be able to routinely interface with plant management
- Knowledgeable in basic networking fundamentals
- Ability to travel 10%-20%
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time