Inventory Control Specialist
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for an Inventory Control Specialist at our Richmond, VA manufacturing plant. This position will work closely with the Maintenance Manager to oversee all maintenance and truck shop stock, parts and products, collaborate with others members within the Maintenance Team, track and maintain inventory, and other relative maintenance information. Must have prior inventory control experience. Must be skilled at PC and Software, including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Maintain maintenance and truck shop parts cage.
- Track parts cage; incoming and outgoing. Ensure its accuracy.
- Receive incoming materials and deliver to proper storage.
- Produce reports, balance, cost, and weekly status.
- Maintain maintenance items, receipts, usage, lead time, physical count, etc.
- SAP entry, track and maintain; create/close work orders, purchase entries, vendor, inspection, PMs, new equipment, parts, etc.
- Assist in maintaining SDS, safety meetings and checklists.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains excellent attendance and punctuality.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of inventory control
- Expert in PC and Software, including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong math skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Function knowledge of maintenance and mechanical parts is a plus.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE/ NO RECRUITERS/ LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Drug testing required for any applicant that has been offered a position and been given a written offer letter.
Pay: from $22.71/hour
Job Status: Full Time