Industrial Sewer (Conover)
Carpenter Co is currently seeking a detail oriented individual to join our Conover, NC plant as an Industrial Sewer. The successful candidate will be expected to assemble individual fabrics, zippers, and other sub-components into fabricated mattress covers. This position does require standing while sewing.
Assemble individual fabrics, zippers, and other sub-components into fabricated mattress covers.
Interacts and communicates directly with lead person, cutters, material handlers, machine operators, and other sewers. Works in a normal plant environment with exposure to temperature changes. Major challenges involve the efficient usage of various components to produce covers per customer specifications.
High school diploma or GED.
- Prior industrial sewing experience is required.
- Specific on the job training is provided.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, some weekends, holidays and call-in with little notice.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Receive and understand instructions from department supervisor or lead person.
- Accept work (component parts) distributed by material handler or lead person.
- Assemble using specified sewing procedures, fabric and tick components into a finished cover according to specified customer requirements.
- Self-inspect each step of the sewing process to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Place finished product onto table or skid for next step in the production process.
- Enclose finished cover with neat seams to meet customer demands.
- Clean sewing machine and perform basic maintenance.
- Set up sewing area with adequate supplies.
- Adhere to established department production procedures.
- Assist with turning finished covers from inside to outside appearance.
- Assist with necessary inventory counting.
Pay: $17.30 to $18.56/hour
Carpenter Co. also offers a weekly bonus pay in the amount of $60.00 for working 40 or more hours in the pay period.
Job Status: Full Time