E.R. Carpenter LP., a Petrochemical Plant located in Pasadena, TX is looking for a NCCER Certified Industrial Painter to join our Maintenance Department.
Paint tanks, pumps, pipe, etc.; repair walls inside and outside of buildings; paint other assigned production equipment.
- Cover surfaces with drop cloths or masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
- Selects and mixes coating additives to thin or promote drying and adhesion.
- Fills cracks, holes, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives.
- Uses chemical application, chipping hammer, power tools and other abrasives to remove rust, grease, dirt, concrete, and to paint prior to application.
- Apply primers or sealers to prepare surfaces, such as bare wood, metal, piping, fixtures, structures and equipment for finish coats.
- Calculate amounts of require materials and estimate costs, based on surface measurements and/or work orders.
- Read work orders or receive instructions from supervisors in order to determine work requirements.
- Disassembles paint equipment and cleans equipment using solvent, wire brushes, and dry cloth.
- Erect scaffolding, or set up ladders, to work above ground level.
- Respiratory protection is common and required in many applications.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and projects rules.
- Performs other duties and assigned.
- One to two years related experience required.
- Three to five years of industrial experience preferred.
- Must be able to operator fork lift, genie boom and scissor lift.
- NCCER Certification in Industrial Painting REQUIRED
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and hires without regard to race, sex, age, national origin or gender.
DRUG TESTING REQUIRED
Job Status: Full Time