Industrial Painter/Maintenance Utility
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for an Industrial Painter/Maintenance Utility on 1st shift [6am - 2:30pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for all painting at the location including painting of the interior and exterior of the building, guard rails and production equipment in compliance with Carpenter Co. standards.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be responsible for scheduling and coordinating painting projects with production management to ensure downtime and painting in high traffic areas are kept to a minimum. The successful candidate should also be familiar with a building fire system and boiler system. This position also operates in a normal maintenance and manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes and different heights. A major challenge of this position is the ability to apply paint as directed to a wide range of surfaces.
Additional responsibilities of the Industrial Painter/Maintenance Utility will include:
- Must be certified on forklift, genie book and scissor lift operator.
- Must have knowledge of the purchase order system and types of paint and equipment needed to finish a project.
- Will perform basic carpentry work including building cabinets, production tables, book shelves, walls, hanging doors, mounting signs and other items as directed by management.
- Maintain all equipment related to carpentry and painting to ensure that when needed it will not cause downtime to the production areas.
- Maintain good Value of Order in assigned work areas.
- Will have knowledge of a building fire system and boiler system.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or General Education Degree [GED] preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 6 months to 1 year experience as a painter.
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a painter is preferred.
- Must have experience using a spray gun to paint.
- Must be able to work at heights above 10 feet.
- Must be basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Must have experience with building fire systems.
- Must have experience working with boiler systems.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
1st Shift Hours: Typically 6am – 2:30pm
Job Status: Full Time