Industrial Hygiene Manager
Carpenter Co. has an immediate career opportunity for an Industrial Hygiene Manager at our M.H. Reinhart Technical Center located in Richmond, VA. This position will focus on corporate-level management of industrial hygiene programs at Carpenter Co.’s North American manufacturing operations. These programs include conducting workplace chemical monitoring and noise dosimetry surveys, ergonomics assessments, managing respiratory protection & hearing conservation programs, and subsequent recommendations on appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), administrative-operational, and/or engineering controls. In addition, the position will advise the technology and engineering groups on appropriate controls needed when implementing new chemistries and processes or modifications thereof. The position will also be responsible for monitoring and interpreting changes in federal & state regulations and non-governmental advisory guidelines affecting Carpenter Co.’s operations.
The responsibilities will include the following:
- Plan and conduct qualitative exposure assessments and monitoring surveys at Carpenter Co.’s North American sites.
- Participate in raw material assessments and approval processes – conduct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) assessments and evaluate engineering and other control measures
- Manage hearing conservation and respiratory programs at a Corporate level and provide oversight at individual sites
- Provide expertise on downstream risk/exposure for processing Carpenter products
- Monitor changes in federal, state, and non-governmental body recommendations on chemical exposures
- Develop and provide IH training and mentoring of site-based EHS coordinators
- Assist the Product Stewardship group on risk-based exposure assessments for Carpenter products
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Environmental Science, Health and Safety, or Industrial Hygiene required
- 7+ years of industrial hygiene in a manufacturing or research setting
- Master’s degree in IH or a related discipline is preferred
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or meets minimum qualifications to complete
- Dual certification for CIH and Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time