Carpenter Company has an immediate opening for an Industrial Engineer at our Dallas, TX branch. This position is responsible for supporting the Division and Branch manufacturing operation by improving productivity, profitability, quality, and product flow using engineering principles enabling the effective use of people, machines, space utilization, and materials; uses engineering abilities as a project manager, facility and equipment design, modification, repair and troubleshooting.
Carpenter Company employees are committed to working hard to ensure we meet production goals while maintaining operations excellence. The Industrial Engineer is to use his/her engineering abilities performing as a project manager, facility and equipment design, modification, repairs and troubleshooting.
Additional responsibilities of the Industrial Engineer will include:
- Designing layouts for plant equipment and production operations
- Conducting analysis to optimize material usage
- Performing time studies for cost estimation and methods improvement
- Analyzing company reports regarding material yields, production yields and labor utilization
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have broad engineering background with strong computer skills (i.e., CAD, CNC, programming and spreadsheets)
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering
- Management experience would be a plus
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time