Industrial Electrician 2nd or 3rd shift
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for an Industrial Electrician on 2nd shift [2pm - 10:30pm] or 3rd shift at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for all electronic and computer components of all plant production equipment.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to be able to install, repair and maintain to ensure the machinery is operating at an optimum production level necessary to manufacture products for internal and external customers. This position also operates in a normal maintenance and manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes.
Additional responsibilities of the Industrial Electrician will include:
- Advises Maintenance Manager of electrical/mechanical problems and suggests solutions.
- Builds, maintains and repairs all electronic and computerized systems.
- Retrofit machine control systems, reads, modifies and creates machinery electrical schematics.
- Installs, repairs and retrofits motor controllers to include all types of motor AC and DC drives and systems.
- Troubleshoots problems quickly and come up with solutions daily.
- Recognizes problems before they occur through a preventative maintenance program.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting and design of electrical circuits.
- Reads, modifies and creates machinery electrical schematics.
- Work as an active team member to plan division wide changes and improvements to computer operating systems.
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or General Education Degree [GED] preferred with 2 years of specialty or technical training.
- 4 years of experience in the electronic field and a minimum of 2 years working in an Industrial environment with extensive knowledge of computer systems and advanced electrical/electronics preferred.
- Experience servicing Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC preferred.
- Must have proven experience or training in the repair, design and installation of electronic devices for machinery and electronic control systems.
- Must be highly computer literate for the maintaining of machine control systems software and upgrades.
- Must have knowledge of the national Electrical Code with preferable license to reflect experience in its use.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Ability to prioritize and easily adapt to changes through the day/week.
- Ability to work flexible hours, overtime, and partial weekends.
- Ability to earn a Carpenter Co. Forklift Certification.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
2nd Shift Hours: Typically 2pm – 10:30pm
3rd Shift Hours: Typically 10pm - 6:30am
Job Status: Full Time