Industrial Electrician 1st Shift
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for an Industrial Electrician on 1st shift [6am - 2:30pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for all general electrical construction and troubleshooting of all plant production equipment.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to be able to install, repair and maintain to ensure the machinery is operating at an optimum production level necessary to manufacture products for internal and external customers. This position also operates in a normal maintenance and manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes.
- Additional responsibilities of the Industrial Electrician will include:
- Advises Maintenance Manager of electrical/mechanical problems and suggests solutions.
- Builds, maintains and repairs all electrical systems.
- Run and bend conduit pull wire for building and equipment needs.
- Retrofit machine control systems, reads, modifies electrical schematics.
- Installs, repairs and replace motor controllers to include all types of motor AC and DC drive systems.
- Troubleshoots problems quickly and come up with solutions daily.
- Recognizes problems before they occur through a preventative maintenance program.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting of electrical circuits.
- Work as an active team member to plan division wide changes and improvements to electrical operating systems.
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or General Education Degree [GED] preferred with 2 years of specialty or technical training.
- 4 years of experience in the electronic field and a minimum of 2 years working in an Industrial environment with extensive knowledge of computer systems and advanced electrical/electronics preferred.
- Experience servicing Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC preferred.
- Must have proven experience or training in the repair, design and installation of electronic devices for machinery and electronic control systems.
- Must be highly computer literate for the maintaining of machine control systems software and upgrades.
- Must have knowledge of the national Electrical Code with preferable license to reflect experience in its use.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Ability to prioritize and easily adapt to changes through the day/week.
- Ability to work flexible hours, overtime, and partial weekends.
- Ability to earn a Carpenter Co. Forklift Certification.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
1st Shift Hours: Typically 6am – 2:30pm
Job Status: Full Time