Human Resources Manager
Carpenter Co has an immediate opening for a Plant Human Resources Manager at our Temple, Texas manufacturing plant reporting to the Division Manager. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining an employee relations climate that creates and permits a stable and productive workforce. Manages and coordinates all functions of employee relations, including employment, labor relations, compensation and benefit services, training and development, and workers’ compensation for compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Facilitates a positive working relationship between management and the employees. Champions plant morale through positive employee relations, activities, communications and management presence to ensure union free work place. Maintains a positive HR reputation and ensures excellent customer service
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, as well as Corporate and plant policies and procedures. Ensures employees communicated policies and are informed about policy changes
- Advises and coaches management team on HR matters. Investigates and assists management in the resolution of difficult situations in the plant
- Counsels management on disciplinary procedures to ensure appropriate and fair disciplinary action is administered that will prevent legal ramifications
- Counsels managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes
- With management, administers the hiring process for salaried and hourly positions. Reviews qualifications of potential candidates and facilitates interview process. Makes job offers for salaried and hourly positions, conducts orientation for all new employees and conducts exit interviews
- Manages and communicates employment, compensation, benefits and employee relations activities and coordinates work activities in support of the organization’s and/or human resources objectives
- Directs wage and hour procedures and weekly/biweekly payroll using Kronos
- Maintains compliance to all state and federal laws. Manages EEO tracking and documentation
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations
- Administer compensation and benefits
- Analyzes statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization's personnel policies and practices
- Prepares reports for location and corporate offices
- Manage Worker’s Compensation program including filing claims, record keeping, and contact with insurance company and medical providers. Conducts accident investigations and implements accident prevention plans
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years HR management experience in a manufacturing/warehouse environment
- PHR, SPHR preferred
- Bilingual, Spanish/English, preferred
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- High level of confidentiality.
- Able to work in a production area with fast moving equipment, moderate to high noise levels and intermediate temperature changes.
- In depth knowledge of the HR field.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
Job Status: Full Time