Health & Safety Manager
Carpenter Company has an immediate opening for a Health & Safety Manager at our Temple, TX manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for the coordination and implementation of safety programs to assure compliance with regulatory agency guidelines as well as the company's safety policies and procedures.
Carpenter Company employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The Health & Safety Manager will be expected to plan, implement, and coordinate safety programs to prevent or correct unsafe working conditions.
Additional responsibilities of the Health & Safety Manager will include:
- Provide leadership to ensure compliance with S/H standards and company policies to prevent occupational injuries/illnesses
- Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of existing safety, industrial hygiene, and occupational health programs
- Identify and mitigate S/H risks by analyzing data and trends to identify opportunities for improvement
- Audit existing work practices
Skills / Requirements
- 5+ years safety/health work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prior experience managing Worker's Compensation claims is preferred
- Functional knowledge of Federal and State Safety/Health Laws (e.g. OSHA)
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel as well as experience working with SAP
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Occupational Health & Safety, and/or related discipline)
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time