Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Graphic Designer at our corporate office in Richmond, Virginia. The Graphic Designer reports to the Creative Director and works as a member of the Corporate Consumer Products team. This role primarily supports the conceptualization, creation and production of product packaging, showroom signage, brochures and other material as needed.
The Graphic Designer will interact with our sales, marketing, and division leadership teams to gather requirements and complete projects within established time frames. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is eager to learn and improve their skillset, while also striving for continuous improvement.
This opportunity will also include customer interaction and meetings as necessary. Some travel will be required.
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years of graphic design experience, with some experience in packaging design
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related discipline
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite of products, with strong Illustrator and Photoshop skills
- Knowledge of offset and digital printing processes and requirements
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Portfolio demonstrating forward-thinking design, strong typographical instincts and appropriate application of color theory
- Ability to travel 2-3 nights per quarter
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time