Carpenter Co is currently seeking a detail oriented individual to join our Taylorsville, NC plant as a Gluer.
The successful candidate will be expected to assemble and adhere individual foam, fiber, fabric, and other sub-components into fabricated products (cushions).
Major challenge involves the proper assembly of parts into a finished product that conforms to customer specifications. Interacts and communicates directly with glue line coordinator, supervisor, and other gluers on the glue line. Works in normal production environment with exposure to temperature changes and glue fumes.
High school diploma or GED.
- Prior experience as a gluer is required.
- Specific on the job training is provided.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, some weekends, holidays and call-in with little notice.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Receive and understand instructions from the glue line coordinator, Supervisor, or Management.
- Follow work instructions to assure proper construction of mattresses.
- Adhere to established glue line production procedures.
- Assemble using specified gluing procedures, components into product according to customer requirements.
- Average weight of cushions ranges from approximately 10-15 pounds, and approximately 200-250+ pieces per day.
- Some cushions may be larger, awkward, or bulky, and weighing up to approximately 30-35 pounds.
- Clean gluing equipment and perform appropriate scheduled maintenance.
Job Status: Full Time