**Earn a weekly $60 bonus if you work 40 hours, or a $75 bonus if you work 50+ hours**
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for Gluers on 1st and 2nd shifts in our High Point, NC manufacturing plant. These individuals will assemble foam, fiber, and and other sub-components into fabricated furniture cushions.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to assemble and adhere individual foam, fiber, fabric, and other sub-components into fabricated products (cushions).
- Receive and understand instructions from the glue line coordinator, Supervisor, or Management.
- Follow work instructions to assure proper construction of mattresses.
- Adhere to established glue line production procedures.
- Assemble using specified gluing procedures, components into product according to customer requirements.
- Average weight of cushions ranges from approximately 10-15 pounds, and approximately 200-250+ pieces per day.
- Some cushions may be larger, awkward, or bulky, and weighing up to approximately 30-35 pounds.
- Clean gluing equipment and perform appropriate scheduled maintenance.
Skills and Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior experience as a gluer is preferred, but not required.
- Specific on the job training is provided.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, some weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Pay: $16.92 to $17.98/hour
Carpenter Co. also offers a weekly bonus pay in the amount of $60.00 for working 40 or more hours in the pay period. $75.00 bonus pay for working 50 or more hours in the pay period.
Job Status: Full Time