Gluer - Material Handler
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Gluer / Material Handler at our Taylorsville, NC manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for assembling and adhering individual foam, fiber, fabric, and other sub-components into fabricated cushions. Major challenges of this position involve the proper assembly of parts into a finished product that conforms to customer specifications. Lifting on a repetitive basis is required with this position.
- Assemble work (component parts) distributed by the glue line coordinator, using specified gluing procedures, into finished cushion in accordance with customer requirements and/or specifications.
- Average weight of cushions range from 10-15 pounds, 200-250+ pieces per day.
- Some cushions may be larger, awkward, or bulky, weighing up to 30-35 pounds.
- Clean gluing equipment and perform appropriate scheduled maintenance.
Skills and requirements:
- Major duties and responsibilities of the job can be satisfactorily performed with a high school education or GED
- Minimum 1 year prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristics.
Job Status: Full Time