Glue Line Supplier
Carpenter Co has an immediate opening for a Glue Line Supplier on 1st shift (6:00am to 2:30pm) at our Tupelo/Verona, MS manufacturing plant. Carpenter Co. is the world's largest producer of comfort cushioning products. We may not be well recognized, but you come in contact with our products every day. We help make your carpet cushier, your furniture cozier, and your bedding more plush. We bring comfort to your life.
This Line Supplier is responsible for delivering materials to the glue line that are needed to complete customer orders according to specifications as well as assembling foam products. The successful candidate will be expected to be efficient in the operation of equipment within the department to determine the best material utilization. Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with the Furniture Lead person, Department, Supervisor, Department Manager and other employees in the department to make sure that all products being shipped will meet the requirements and specifications of the customer.
Additional responsibilities of the Glue Line Supplier will include:
- Good Attendance, while demonstrating safe working habits and attitude.
- Learns the assembly of all parts and their quality standards.
- Must be able to handle repetitive motions of hands, arms, and fingers.
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours in one place. Some heavier lifting is required, up to 50lbs.
- Trains on proper cleaning of glue gun and basic preventive maintenance.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree(GED).
- Previous glue experience (6 months +).
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment as a time.
- Be able to read specification drawings that assist in learning how to properly assemble finished parts.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
Carpenter Co offers a comprehensive benefits package including very competitive wages, weekly pay, excellent health insurance (at an extremely low cost to employees), a generous profit sharing plan, 401k, paid vacation after only 90 days, weekly bonus and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry where they can work in a clean, low noise, comfortable environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Shift Hours: 6am - 2:30pm normal schedule
No phone calls or agencies please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time