Forklift Operator/Chop Saw Operator
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for an Operator in our Cold Chop Department on 2nd shift [1pm - 9pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for the safe operation of the Chop Saw and handling of produced products of varying sizes in the Cold Chop department. This position would primarily be on the forklift transporting blocks and a back-up for the Chopsaw operator.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with Quality Control, Department Manager and other employees in the department to make sure that all products being manufactured will meet the requirements and specifications of the customer. This position will also involve transporting slabs of foam to the storage areas in the plant, which requires the safe operation of a forklift.
Additional Responsibilities of the Operator:
- Must have computer knowledge,skills and be able to use computerized equipment in daily operations.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and overtime.
- Must have have basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Must be forklift certified.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure in order to perform length, height and width quality checks.
- Responsible for maintaining efficient operation of the chop saw to include cutting foam slabs to proper length.
- Responsible for maintaining Value or Order in work areas.
- Will pull blocks of foam from the chop line to designated staging areas.
Skills / Requirements
- High school education or GED.
- Prior Fork Lift experience.
- Some computer experience.
- Some previous experience running a computerized saw or slitter machine preferred.
- Basic reading and writing skills and be able to use simple math.
- Read and interpret a tape measure.
- Knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Excel is preferred.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Shift Hours: 1pm - 9pm
Job Status: Full Time