Forklift Operator - 3rd shift
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Material Handler (Forklift Operator) in our Hot Chop Department on third shift at our Riverside, California foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for the efficient and safe transportation of unfinished and/or finished product or material by use of equipment, machines, computers and paperwork.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintains daily communication with the department manager, supervisor and other employees in the department. This position works in a normal manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes.
· Operate forklifts to pick up and move material in support of operations, from production area and the warehouse.
· Properly crush manufactured foam prior to staging.
· Operate a forklift in confined areas where other forklifts are operating and where employees are walking and working.
· Follow the Warehouse department layout plan for proper storage locations.
· Able to read and understand the labeling process.
· Perform housekeeping on equipment and surrounding work area.
· Read and write English.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime.
- Must have basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Must be able to use computerized equipment in day to day operations and have computer knowledge.
- Must have experience with forklift and become forklift certified.
- At least one year manufacturing experience.
The current work schedule for this position is, Monday through Friday, 6:00 pm - 2:30 am with overtime as needed.
No phone calls or agencies, please
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic. Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time