Forklift Operator (3rd shift - Conover)
Carpenter Co is currently seeking a detail oriented individuals to join our Conover, NC plant as a Forklift Operators (3rd shift) on our Bun Chop Line. The shift consists of Sunday - Thursday, 10:00p - 6:00a. Schedule may vary dependent upon production needs. We currently have 2 positions available.
Operate a squeeze forklift to transport various grades of foam buns (blocks) from the chop line to the designated warehouse area.
- Communicates with all levels of supervision, management, and co-workers within the department.
- Works in a normal production environment with exposure to temperature changes and safety hazards associated with the proper operation of forklift.
- Major challenge of the position includes operating a forklift in a safe and efficient manner.
High school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to pass forklift certification program and maintain certification to operate a forklift.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Some computer skills needed.
- Pull and deliver foam buns from the chop line to the warehouse storage area.
- Operate large capacity baler by baling trim foam.
- Remove foam bales, transport, weigh, document, and place bale in the designated trim area.
- Other functions and tasks as deem necessary by supervision.
Pay: $14.60 to $15.35/hour
Carpenter Co. also offers a .75/hour shift differential for all hours worked on 3rd shift, and weekly bonus pay in the amount of $60.00 for all employees working 40 or more hours in the pay period.
Job Status: Full Time