Forklift Operator - 2nd Shift
Carpenter Co is currently seeking a detail oriented individual to join our Conover, NC plant as a Forklift Operator - 2nd shift in our Bedding Department.
Operator forklift to transport various types of materials through the production area.
- Communicates with all levels of supervision, management, and co-workers within the department.
- Works in a normal production environment with exposure to temperature changes and safety hazards associated with the proper operation of forklift.
- Major challenge of the position includes operating a forklift in a safe and efficient manner.
High school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to pass forklift certification program and maintain certification to operate a forklift.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Some computer skills needed.
- Pull and deliver needed foam buns from warehouse area to cutting saws based on order schedule.
- Transport unused foam buns back to the warehouse area, making sure they are properly labeled and placed neatly and organized.
- Remove trim foam bales, transport, weigh, document, and place bale in the designated trim area.
- Transport packaged materials (crates, boxes, pallets, etc.) to shipping docks, scanned and manifested, and placed on trailers for delivery.
Pay: $14.60 to $15.35/hour
Job Status: Full Time