Forklift Operator 2nd shift
Carpenter Co. has 2 immediate openings for a Forklift Operator in our Bedding Docks Department on 2nd Shift [2pm - 10pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible to perform final quality checks on finished product and load on trailers via forklift and handle the product by hand on the trailers per customer requirements. One of the positions is also responsible for the Kanban area and keeping inventory level accurate.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with Quality Control, Department Manager and other employees in the department to make sure that all products being shipped will meet the requirements and specifications of the customer. This position will also require to record and track information in the inventory control system.
Additional Responsibilities of the Forklift Operator:
- Load trucks in proper sequence.
- Check loading tickets.
- Use forklift to load trailers as needed
- Lockout trailers before loading and unlock once loading is complete.
- Record and track information in inventory control system.
- Verify trucks have been loaded properly.
- Move stock in loading area as necessary.
- Inspect trailers for damage.
- Run manifest and bills of lading.
- Handle finish bedding goods up to 75 lbs.
- Lock out and chock wheels.
- Use computers to scan rolls.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree preferred.
- At least one year manufacturing or warehouse experience preferred.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Must be able to use computerized equipment in day to day operations and have computer knowledge.
- Must be able to become forklift certified
- Must have basic reading, writing and math skills.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Shift Hours: 2pm - 10pm normal schedule, will start between 2pm - 4pm and work up to 10 hours as production demands
Job Status: Full Time