Forklift Driver Docks - 1st shift
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Forklift Driver in our Carpet Cushion Department on 1st Shift [5am start] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. this position is responsible to perform final quality checks on finished product and load on trailers via forklift and handle the product by hand on the trailers per customer requirements.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with Quality Control, Department Manager and other employees in the department to make sure that all products being shipped will meet the requirements and specifications of the customer. This position will also require to record and track information in the inventory control system.
Additional Responsibilities of the Forklift Driver:
- Load trucks in proper sequence.
- Check loading tickets.
- Use forklift to load trailers as needed
- Record and track information in inventory control system.
- Verify trucks have been loaded properly.
- Inspect trailers for damage.
- Run manifest and bills of lading.
- Handle rolls of carpet cushion up to 80 lbs
- Lock out and chock wheels.
- Use computers to scan rolls.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree preferred.
- At least one year of manufacturing experience
- Forklift experience preferred
- Must be able to use computerized equipment in day to day operations and have computer knowledge.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Shift Hours: 5am - 3:30pm (estimated time the trucks are loaded)
Job Status: Full Time