Fixer (Large Diameter Circular Knit - Conover, NC)
Knitting Fixer is responsible for changing machine setups, performing press-offs, needle changes, creeling machines, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and other major mechanical repairs to the knitting machines.
Must be in constant communication with department managers to coordinate production with mechanical repairs. Major challenges include working independently on very involved and complex job. Works in normal production/maintenance environment with exposure to temperature changes and some unpleasant working conditions.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two or three years' specialty or technical training.
Four to six years' experience required.
- Perform basic electrical repair on machinery and/or equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Report conditions encountered that may affect the operation of he equipment.
- Travel to other Carpenter Co. locations when needed.
- Assemble and disassemble equipment.
- Read and interpret machine diagrams and plant layout drawings.
- Recognize potential mechanical problems, plan a solution for repair, and implement the plan.
- Work closely with Knitting Operators on machine problems and necessary repairs.
Job Status: Full Time