Fiber to foam Lamination Specialist (Longview, NC)
Carpenter Co is currently seeking detail oriented individuals to join our Longview NC as fiber to foam Lamination Specialist. We currently have positions open on 1st and 2nd shifts These individuals will assemble foam, fiber, and and other sub-components into fabricated furniture cushions. Fabrication experience is preferred, but not required.
The successful candidate will be expected to assemble and adhere individual foam, fiber, fabric, and other sub-components into fabricated products (cushions).
Major challenge involves the proper assembly of parts into a finished product that conforms to customer specifications. Interacts and communicates directly with lead persons, supervisor, and other co-workers on the laminating lines. Works in normal production environment with exposure to temperature changes and glue fumes.
High school diploma or GED.
- Prior experience as a fabricator is preferred, but not required.
- Specific on the job training is provided.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, some weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Receive and understand instructions from the glue line lead person, coordinator, Supervisor, or Management.
- Follow work instructions to assure proper construction of mattresses.
- Adhere to established laminating line production procedures.
- Assemble using specified gluing procedures, components into product according to customer requirements.
- Average weight of cushions ranges from approximately 10-15 pounds, and approximately 200-250+ pieces per day.
- Some cushions may be larger, awkward, or bulky, and weighing up to approximately 30-35 pounds.
- Clean equipment and perform appropriate scheduled maintenance.
Pay: $14.60 to $15.35/hour
Carpenter Co. also offers a .75/hour shift differential for all hours worked on 2nd shift. There is also a weekly bonus pay in the amount of $60.00 for employees working 40 or more hours in the pay period.
Job Status: Full Time