Fiber Material Handler (2nd shift)
Material Handler – Fiber
Carpenter Co has an immediate opening for a 2nd shift Material Handler at our Riverside, California manufacturing plant reporting to the Fiber Department Supervisor. This position communicates daily with the department supervisor, department operators and production personnel involving the need to transport supplies and finished product(s) to and from department on request. Incumbent must maintain a well-organized storage area that is not only stacked safely but also labeled properly to achieve the necessary results to meet production and shipping schedules. This position works in a normal production environment with exposure to temperature changes.
- Operate powered industrial trucks to pick up, move, or unload material in support of Fiber operations, as necessary, from production area and the loading docks.
- Pull raw/finished materials from inventory/stock area and load materials into bale machines.
- Properly label all fiber finished material for future use.
- Operate a forklift in areas where other forklifts are operating and where employees are walking and working.
- Follow the Fiber department layout plan for proper storage locations.
- Able to read and completely understand the labeling process.
- Perform housekeeping on equipment and surrounding work area.
Requirements and Experience
- High school education or GED;
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Prior forklift experience;
- Must have basic reading, writing and math skills.
- On the job training will be provided.
The current work schedule for this positions is, Monday through Friday from 4:30 pm – 1:00 am, with overtime as needed.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic. Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time