Fiber Lead Operator
Carpenter Co. has 1 immediate openings for a Fiber Lead Operator on 1st Shift [5am - 1pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for all daily operations in the Fiber Department. There is a focus on quality and safety while pursuing daily operators.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate both verbally and written with the department and supervisor. This position will also involve operating various machinery and a forklift in a safe manner.
Additional responsibilities of the Fiber Lead Operator:
- Must maintain value of order.
- Must competent in the fiber operations including the winder, packaging equipment, label and scan in production, load bales into hoppers via forklift, transport finished goods, clearing fiber debris from rollers in card and on oven belt, and check finished goods to fulfill specifications and customer needs.
- Produce products within customer specifications.
- Constantly monitor equipment to prevent downtime while maintaining upkeep.
- Make any necessary adjustments to equipment to ensure optimal efficiency.
- Assist in training employees
- Record product information and downtime; enter/or update recipes.
- Delegate instructions to production operators.
- Coordinate upcoming changes with line operators.
- Conduct quality checks to ensure products are within customer specifications.
- Maintain record of fiber usage for inventory.
- May assist with inventory.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- One year manufacturing forklift experience
- Must be able to use computerized equipment in day to day operations and have computer knowledge.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Must have basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret a tape measure.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Shift Hours: 5am - 1pm, start time may vary between 1pm and 4pm depending on the production schedule
Job Status: Full Time