Environmental Regulatory Specialist
Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co. has an opening for an Environmental Regulatory Specialist to join the Reinhart Technical Center (RTC) and manufacturing facility located in Richmond, Virginia. This position is responsible for regulatory inspections, providing some training and working with research & development and manufacturing management, while providing compliance support to both the RTC and adjacent manufacturing facility.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. As the successful candidate, you will be expected to work collaboratively with, and under the guidance of Corporate Environmental Manager, while providing compliance support to both the RTC and manufacturing facility.
Your additional responsibilities as an Environmental Regulatory Specialist will include:
- Maintain data management and tracking for environmental reporting, permitting, and training
- Collecting and preparing stormwater discharge monitoring reports
- Preparing and submitting various environmental reports to satisfy air permit requirements, EPCRA reporting requirements, and stormwater discharge requirements
- Manage the hazardous and regulated waste program according to RCRA requirements
- Profile waste and arrange waste pickups as needed
- Responding to minor chemical spills, if needed
- Working in tandem with the onsite Health and Safety Manager
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Engineering or another related field.
- 3+ years of experience in workplace, environmental compliance/management
- Knowledge of chemical manufacturing and/or R&D operations, preferred
- Ability to identify, interpret and implement federal, state, and local environment regulations and/or standards that pertain to the organization's operations
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to research and pay particular attention to detail
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Occasional travel to other Carpenter manufacturing plants may be required
Excellent Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- We also have 401K, Profit Sharing and a great Benefit Package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and paid time off (Vacation and Holidays).
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time