Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist
Carpenter Co is currently seeking an Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist to join the Reinhart Technical Center in Richmond, Virginia. The Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist will work collaboratively with, and under the guidance of, the Health, Safety and Regulatory Manager.
The EHS Specialist will be responsible for assisting the Corporate Industrial Hygienist with administering various health and safety programs with the potential to manage projects on their own including data management opportunities for environmental reporting and permitting. The candidate will also obtain knowledge in sustainability.
- Assist in planning, executing, and presenting data from Carpenter's North American Plant IH Assessments
- Assist in sustainability data collection projects, RTC safety and health policy updates, safety inspections, and safety meetings
- Manage an OSHA Safety and Health Training Program for RTC Employees
- Maintain data management and tracking for environmental reporting, permitting, and training
- Work with regulatory team to implement corporate wide data management software
- Manage the RTC's hazardous waste program, chemical inventory, and conduct safety risk assessments as needed
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Safety and Health, Chemistry or other related field.
- 2+ years of experience in workplace, environmental, health and safety management
- Knowledge of chemical manufacturing and/or R&D operations, preferred
- Ability to identify, interpret and implement federal, state, and local safety, health and environment regulations and/or standards that pertain to the organization's operations (e.g. OSHA, EPA, and TSCA regulations)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to research and pay particular attention to detail
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Travel up to 15% every three months
Job Status: Full Time