Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a 1st shift industrial Electronics Technician at our Conover, NC location. The electronic technician is responsible for the electronic and computer components of all plant production equipment installed, repaired, and maintained to assure the machinery is operating at an optimum production level necessary to manufacture product(s) for internal and external customers on a timely basis.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining best in class quality standards. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate with the department lead person, supervisor and/or manager, as well as other members of management and employees in the department to make sure all scheduled and unscheduled repairs are completed in a timely manner.
- Identify process improvement, capacity, and cost reduction projects based on process data
- Manage the electrical and controls scope of process performance improvement projects (Safety, Yield, Cost, Capacity)
- Provide problem solving controls support for plant equipment
- Document calibration and configuration procedures required to allow production equipment to run efficiently within product specifications
- Work with and train maintenance and other support personnel to improve troubleshooting skills plant-wide
- Operational Theory – Work toward fundamental understanding of components within the plants, document this information, and share this information with process engineering, and Maintenance.
- Possess a strong electrical/electronic background with a minimum of 2 years experience in a directly related field. The successful candidate will be highly proficient in some or all of the following: 24VDC, 12-VAC control circuits
Must have experience in programming of Allen Bradley ControlLogix v16 systems and higher
Ability to generate, debug and modify PLC code – ladder logic, structured text and function block diagram
Must have experience in programming of HMI / SCADA systems programming in a plant environment including higher level communications protocols – Red Lion / Profibus experience desired
Ensure proactive safety measures for all equipment and processes. Seeks to identify and correct potential safety or environmental issues using NEC, NFPA, and other pertinent safety codes. Ensure safety procedures, such as Lock-Out Tag-Out, are followed at all times.
Modify / generate electrical drawings using AutoCAD Electrical for systems changes including control panel layouts, component documentation, and schematics. Review electrical drawing packages for conformance to Carpenter Co. standards.
Strong fundamental understanding of 3 phase electrical systems, machine/motion control systems, electro-mechanical systems, VFD and Servo programming, communication protocols, and practical application
Ability to reach fundamental understanding of controls issues utilizing sound troubleshooting skills
Capable of executing project assignments, in a team-based environment, with minimal supervision
- Various types of sensors (PE's, Prox's, Encoders, etc.)
- Relay controls
- Strong PC skills (Windows OS, Word, Excel)
- PC networking (Ethernet)
- Operate forklifts, clamp-lifts, genie boom, scissor lifts and other machinery as needed.
No phone call or agencies please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Drug testing required.
Pay: $26.06 to $27.40/hour
Carpenter Co. also offers a bonus pay in the amount of $60.00 for all employees working 40 or more hours in the pay period.
Job Status: Full Time