Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for an Electronic Technician on 2nd Shift at our Elkhart, IN manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for maintaining all building machinery including troubleshooting, repairing, testing and installing electrical and electro-mechanical devices and components.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to excel in complex and visual concentration. Ongoing communication with Maintenance Manager, department staff, production lead, supervisors and other management personnel. Works in a normal maintenance and manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes. Major challenges include working independently on very involved and complex jobs and the timeliness of the job completion to keep down time to a minimum and working with little or no supervision. Must possess a required variety of personally owned industrial hand tools.
Additional responsibilities of the position will include:
- Respond to all line calls as assigned and as needs arise.
- Debug and troubleshoot electrical, electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Run conduit and/or initiate new electrical circuits.
- Perform preventative maintenance as well as tearing down and rebuilding machinery/equipment.
- Evaluate and report conditions that may be unsafe or affect efficient operation of machinery, equipment and building systems.
- Operate forklifts, clamp-lifts, genie boom, scissor lifts and other machinery as needed.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics, equipment diagrams, complex drawings and manuals.
- The ability to use advanced shop math as well as utilize a wide variety of precision instruments and devices.
- Maintain plant lighting systems.
- May perform some mechanical duties on an as needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Skills / Requirements
Major duties and responsibilities of the job can be satisfactorily performed with a high school education or GED plus two (2) to three (3) years of specialty or technical training.
This position requires four (4) to six (6) years of manufacturing maintenance experience and 3 - 5 years of electrical experience preferred. Some on the job training is available for specialized equipment maintenance. Must be able to read a tape measure. Basic reading, writing, and math skills are required. Must have the ability to work with computer systems. Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions. Must be able to earn a Forklift Certification from Carpenter Co.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Drug testing required.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
2nd Shift Hours: Typically 2pm – 10:30pm
Job Status: Full Time