Electronic Technician/Maintenance Mechanic -1st Shift
Carpenter Co has immediate openings for 1st Shift Maintenance/Electronic Technician at our Lakeland, FL manufacturing plant. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager, and is responsible for providing electrical/electronic expertise and working skills for all plant equipment and electrical systems. This position works in a normal production/maintenance environment with exposure to temperature changes. Major challenges of the position include working independently on very involved and complex jobs.
- Debug and troubleshoot mechanical, and pneumatic systems.
- Pre-check, inspect, relocate, install and/or make major mechanical repairs to machinery/equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance, as well as tearing down and rebuilding machinery/equipment.
- Evaluate and report conditions that may be unsafe or affect efficient operation of machinery/equipment and building systems.
- Perform installation of piping systems using appropriate fitting techniques (threading, welded, soldered, etc.)
- Perform basic machinery/tooling of parts.
- Read pneumatic, plumbing, and other piping diagrams and blueprints; mechanical and construction blueprints; equipment diagrams and manual; etc.
- Interpret and use complicated drawings, advanced shop math, and handbook formulas.
- Effectively communicate with management, co-workers, etc. to ensure production efficiency and foster teamwork.
- Advises Maintenance Manager of electrical/mechanical problems and suggest recommendations as a solution.
- Must have the ability to build, maintain, and repair all electronic and computerized systems as directed with little or no supervision.
- Must have proven experience or training in the repair, design, and installation of electronic devices for machinery and electronic control systems.
- Must have knowledge of the national Electrical Code with preferable license to reflect experience in its use.
- Must have the ability to be on call and report for work with little prior notice on weekends, holidays, and any hour of the day or night insuring there is the least amount of downtime as possible.
- Knowledge of programmable logic controllers, motor controls, and all types of machinery sensors and equipment to include PLC programming and trouble shooting.
- Ability to retrofit machine control systems, read, modify, and create machinery electrical schematics.
- Installation, repair, and retrofitting of motor controllers to include all types of motor AC and DC drives, and systems.
- Highly computer literate for the maintaining of machine control systems software and upgrades.
- Must help plan division wide changes and improvements to computer operating systems.
- Must have the ability to recognize problems before they occur through the use of a preventative maintenance program.
- Must be able to trouble shoot problem quickly and come up with solutions.
- Must be very knowledgeable of the purchase order system and the parts needed to keep plant machinery operating.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Requirements and Experience
- 2-5 years of specialty or technical training/on the job industrial electrical experience prior to employment in the capacity of "Class A" Electrician.
- 1-2 years of additional mechanic experience required to perform the job.
- 1-2 years experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Good communication and advanced math skills.
- Ability to operate a genie boom, and scissor lift.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Must possess a variety of personally owned industrial/electrical hand tools. Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and call-in with little notice.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic
Job Status: Full Time