Electronic Technician A
Carpenter Co. has an opening for a first shift Electronic Technician A at our Altoona, PA, manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for maintaining all building machinery including troubleshooting, repairing, testing, and installing electrical and electro-mechanical devices and components. It is highly desirable that candidates have experience with PLC (Allen Bradley, Yaskawa, Yokogawa, and Siemens preferred.)
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be in constant communication with managers and leads to coordinate production schedules with mechanical repairs. Works in a normal maintenance and manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes. Major challenges include working independently on very involved and complex jobs and the timeliness of the job completion to keep down time to a minimum.
- Debug and troubleshoot electrical, electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Perform basic electrical installation including hanging conduit, pulling wires, installing electrical devices, terminating wires, and tagging devices/wires.
- Perform preventative maintenance as well as tearing down and rebuilding machinery/equipment.
- Evaluate and report conditions that may be unsafe or affect efficient operation of machinery, equipment and building systems.
- Operate forklifts, clamp-lifts, genie boom, scissor lifts and other machinery as needed.
- Read, prepare, and/or modify pneumatic, plumbing, and other piping diagrams; electrical schematics, logic diagrams, and blueprints; mechanical and construction blueprints; equipment diagrams and manuals, etc.
- Perform installation of piping systems using appropriate fitting techniques (threading, welded, soldered, etc.)
- Use advanced shop math as well as utilize a wide variety of precision instruments and devices.
- Maintain plant lighting systems.
- Perform various construction and carpentry tasks, including cement work, dry walling, wood work, etc.
- Weld and use cutting torches.
- Complete all required paperwork completely and accurately.
Skills and Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2 or more years of higher education or technical school training is preferred.
- Possess a strong electrical/electronic background with a minimum of 2 years experience in a directly related field.
- PLC Education/Experience servicing programmable logic systems with Allen Bradley, Yaskawa, Yokogawa, and Siemens is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of programmable logic controllers to include all types of motor AC and DC drives.
- Intermediate to advanced computer knowledge.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Basic reading, writing, and mathematical skills are essential.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Pay: $23.80 to $26.30/hour
Job Status: Full Time