Electrician/Maintenance Mechanic A-2nd Shift
Carpenter Co has immediate openings for 2nd Shift Electrician/Maintenance Mechanic at our Lakeland, FL manufacturing plant. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager, and is responsible for providing electrical/electronic expertise and working skills for all plant equipment and electrical systems. This position works in a normal production/maintenance environment with exposure to temperature changes. Major challenges of the position include working independently on very involved and complex jobs.
Duties include but not limited to:
Requirements and Experience
- Troubleshoot and repair any and all plant electrical/solid-state electronic equipment.
- Wiring of plant equipment and building circuits.
- Calibration of all plant equipment's electronic process controllers.
- Define electrical/electronic needs and solutions for plant production processes.
- Design and implement electrical/electronic solutions for plant production processes.
- Design and fabrication of custom built electrical/electronic panels and controls.
- Documentation of plane electrical equipment and systems.
- Operation of IBM compatible computer for software programming and equipment troubleshooting and documentation
- Debug and troubleshoot mechanical, and pneumatic systems.
- Pre-check, inspect, relocate, install and/or make major mechanical repairs to machinery/equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance, as well as tearing down and rebuilding machinery/equipment.
- Evaluate and report conditions that may be unsafe or affect efficient operation of machinery/equipment and building systems
- Perform basin machinery/tooling of parts.
- Operate forklift, clamp-lifts, scissor lifts, and other machinery as needed.
- Read pneumatic, plumbing, and other piping diagrams and blueprints; mechanical and construction blueprints; equipment diagrams and manual; etc.
- Interpret and use complicated drawings, advanced shop math, and handbook formulas.
- Effectively communicate with management, co-workers, etc. to ensure production efficiency and foster teamwork
- Maintain the “Value of Order” in assigned work area.
- Must be able to read measuring tape.
Attend all required department meetings.
- 5 years of specialty or technical training/on the job industrial electrical experience prior to employment in the capacity of "Class A" Electrician.
- 2-4 years of additional mechanic experience required to perform the job.
- 1-2 years experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Good communication and advanced math skills.
- Ability to operate a genie boom, and scissor lift.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Must possess a variety of personally owned industrial/electrical hand tools. Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Blueprint reading, welding and knowledge of electrical codes.
No phone calls or agencies, please
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic
Job Status: Full Time