Carpenter Co. has a great opportunity available for an EDI Analyst/Programmer at the corporate office in Richmond, VA. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organization committed to operational excellence that offers stability, excellent benefits and a place to learn and grow professionally.
The EDI Analyst/Programmer will be responsible for working with trading partners to ensure a continuous and accurate exchange of electronic business documents, analyze document processing issues and provide reasonable business or mapping solutions to trading partners, EDI Management, and IT team members
Additional responsibilities include:
- Communicate with trading partners to understand EDI requirements and jointly plan implementation projects with all stakeholders
- Analyze trading partners’ requirements and design appropriate solutions utilizing EDI mapping and workflow tools, SAP software, and custom programming
- Assist in the oversight of the daily exchange of EDI documents with trading partners to insure uninterrupted document flow
- Troubleshoot and otherwise assist in the resolution of production problems and issues
- Develop EDI processing documentation and procedures
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related Business major
- 3-4 years working with EDI mapping and communications
- 3-4 years working with IBM Sterling Gentran
- 3-4 years of SAP iDoc experience
- 3-4 years of Visual basic development
- 3-4 years of XML Development experience
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time