Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for Dock Worker on 1st shift [6:30 am to 3:00pm] at our Albert Lea, MN manufacturing plant. The successful candidate will work closely with the lead person and coworkers to maintain efficient unloading, loading and raw material handling. Maintain and support a high level of productivity within the department.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with Quality Control, Department Manager and other employees in the department to make sure that all products being manufactured will meet the requirements and specifications of the customer. This position will also involve learning the many varieties of mattress manufactured by this department.
Additional Responsibilities of the Dock Worker will include:
- Learn all aspects of the dock to include unloading and loading of trucks/trailers.
- Learn paperwork process and basic computer skills.
- Learn the location of raw materials in warehouse areas.
- Safe operation of forklift, forklift maintenance and all associated paperwork.
- Product labeling and quality inspection.
- Work in trucks/trailers in hot and cold conditions.
- Learn to operate, empty, and clean all balers.
- Function under the pressure of a manufacturing environment.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- Good attendance.
- Will be required to stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, stoop and reach.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds occasionally and 40 pounds regularly. May be required to maneuver up to 100 pounds.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Basic math skills to allow for figuring out best loading of trailers.
- Organizational skills and ability to understand shipping labels and paperwork.
- Computer skills for understanding keyboard, mouse, and programs.
- Must be handle to operate a forklift, training available.
- Demonstrates safe working habits and attitude.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug tests on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Albert Lea Branch employees average over 15 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
1st Shift Hours: Typically 6:30 am - 3:00 pm
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Status: Full Time