Carpenter Co. has a great opportunity available for a Dispatcher at our Richmond, VA Manufacturing Plant. Reporting to the Traffic Manager, this position is responsible for coordinating the assignment of drivers, trailers and tractors with the shipping and transportation needs of the Richmond, VA manufacturing plant and its customers, to assure efficient and expedient delivery of the customers' orders.
- Maintain morning shipment confirmation.
- Dispatch drivers to smoothly and efficiently deliver goods in a timely manner.
- Maintain Record Keeping, such as but not limited to trip sheets, shipping and traffic records, and billing reports.
- Maintain continuing basic knowledge of DOT regulations as outlined in the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations (FMSCR) and other state and local regulations.
- Handle customer complaints concerning drivers, delivery times, service or product returns on a day to day basis.
- Handle numerous incoming calls from various departments, customers, drivers, vendors and carriers.
- Coordinate with docks concerning use of the different trailer types available.
- Coordinate LTL/small package shipments.
- Track drop trailer usages.
- Fill in for Traffic Manager as needed.
- GED or High School diploma required, additional education is a plus
- 1+ years dispatch or related experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- General knowledge of trucking operations and driver related DOT regulations required
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Windows
- SAP, JJ Keller & UPS Worldship experience a plus
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment in close proximity to co-workers and other office personnel
- Great organization and people skills
- Detail oriented and logical
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, and be able to meet the physical requirements of this position with/or without reasonable accommodation. Must be able to work flexible hours, overtime when needed.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost/high benefit health insurance, dental, vision, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), profit sharing, education assistance, and paid time off. We offer long-term opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. Job Snapshot:
Hours: Typically 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM plus occasional overtime
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Administrative
Manages Others: N/A
Industry: Manufacturing, Chemical, Consumer Products, Traffic
Required Travel: N/A
Job Status: Full Time