Carpenter Co has an immediate opening for a Diesel Mechanic, 2nd Shift at our Russellville, KY manufacturing plant. The Diesel Mechanic reports to the Traffic Manager, and is responsible for inspecting, troubleshooting and repairing both gasoline and diesel vehicles as well as trailers.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Service and repair all tractors, vehicles, and trailers within the Department of Transportation and Carpenter Co. guidelines, rules, and regulations.
- Possess the ability to follow a daily established work schedule for the repair and preventative maintenance of all vehicles and trailers.
- Must have the ability to complete all documentation properly in accordance with Company and Department of Transportation Policy.
- Must be knowledgeable in the Carpenter Company safety rules and regulations.
- Must maintain a current CDL.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to repair a diesel or gasoline engine and the powertrain.
- Reports all major mechanical failures that could affect the operation of the Traffic Department.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6-12 months of mechanical training preferred
- 2-4 years of prior experience
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime
- Current CDL is preferred but not required (must be willing to obtain)
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristics.