Diesel Mechanic (Tractor Trailer Mechanic)
Carpenter Co has an immediate opening for a first shift Diesel Mechanic at our Riverside, CA manufacturing plant reporting to the Traffic Manager. This position is responsible for the inspecting, repairing and preventative maintenance of both gasoline and diesel vehicles of Carpenter Co. and assures that all vehicles are available to meet the established shipping schedule to transport finished products to our customers. The Diesel Mechanic will have daily communication with employees in the shop, the Traffic Manager, dispatcher, OTR Drivers, and other managers and employees in the manufacturing plant. This position works in a normal truck shop environment with constant exposure to temperature changes. Major challenges involve the timely repair of equipment to make sure equipment is ready to make deliveries to customers on a timely basis.
- Service and repair all tractors, vehicles, and trailers within the Department of Transportation and Carpenter guidelines, rules and regulations.
- Ability to perform diagnostics tests with computers and other testing equipment.
- Coordinates the repair and maintenance of fleet equipment through a daily repair schedule.
- Complete and maintain all documentation properly in accordance with Company and Department of Transportation Policy.
- Knowledge of all the Carpenter Co. safety rules and regulations.
- Assures that the Value of Order in the garage is an everyday standard of practice.
- Must maintain a current CDL.
- Reports all major mechanical failures that could affect the Traffic Department.
Requirements and Experience
- High school education or GED;
- 2-4 years of mechanical experience.
- Must possess the knowledge and ability to repair a diesel or gasoline engine and the powertrain.
- Must have basic reading, writing, and mathematical skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret a tape measure
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Must be DOT certified in repair areas.
- Must have a current CDL.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, overtime, holidays, weekends, and call-in with little notice;
No phone calls or agencies, please
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time