Diesel Mechanic/Electrician B
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Diesel Mechanic/Electrician B at our Temple, TX plant. This position is responsible for performing preventative maintenance on all Company vehicles and trailers.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining best in class quality standards. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate with the department Lead Person, Traffic Manager, Production Managers and all the other employees in the department to make sure that all scheduled and unscheduled repairs are repaired in a timely manner.
Additional responsibilities of the Diesel Mechanic/Electrician B:
- Ability to recognize and repair problems when inspecting trailers
- Timely communication of problems and issues affecting plant performance to management
- Demonstrate the ability to perform work independently (work alone)
- Has the ability to recognize mechanical problems before a breakdown through an established preventative maintenance
- Communicate with and maintain a team-based attitude with fellow co-workers and managers
- This position requires occasional overtime, trouble call-ins and some scheduled weekend work.
3rd Shift 10pm - 6am
Skills / Requirements
6 mos - 1+ years mechanical experience is highly preferred
Ability to drive all Company vehicles
High School Diploma or GED
Ability to be Carpenter Co Forklift certified
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Pay: $21.59 to $22.86/hour
Job Status: Full Time