Customer Service Representative
Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Customer Service Representative at our Temple, TX manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for maintaining all customer information and performing customer order processing and shipment coordination.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to interact professionally and punctually with internal and external customers to ensure all orders are processed accurately and without delay.
Additional responsibilities of the Customer Service Representative will include:
- Receives telephone orders from customers for products—new order, revision, or cancellation; handles telephone calls, faxes, or emails from customers.
- Prepares orders and enters into the SAP order entry system; verifies missing prices or other information regarding the order; scans orders and enters them into the SAP system for archiving.
- Coordinates shipping date requirements with the customer. Advises customers in advance when abnormally long lead times may be necessary for ordered product.
- Performs function of liaison between the customer and the shipping departments to advise the customer of the arrival times of their shipment; communicates any customer requests and the details to the appropriate member of management; monitors customer sales and notifies customer, sales team, and management of irregularities; handles the entry of customer complaints in the system.
- Coordinates changes and additions to customers’ needs with the production department management.
- Follows-up on all customer orders to ensure that orders scheduled to ship have been assigned space.
- Maintains files on all customers. Maintains customer complaint file in SAP; updates all customer files with price increases/decreases.
- Mails all customer billings, any price increase letters, and other appropriate communication as required; assists with bulk mailings of price increases and announcements.
- Assist in the processing of employee sales as required.
- Completes ENPR for product being return into SAP.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma
- Prior customer service and/or office experience in a manufacturing and/or transportation environment
- Intermediate Microsoft Office and computer skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Pay: from $21.15/hour
Job Status: Full Time