Customer Service Representative
Carpenter Co. has an exciting career opportunity available for a Customer Service Representative, for the Carpet Cushion Department, at our manufacturing plant in Richmond, VA. This position is responsible for providing customer service to our internal and external customers. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to changes very quickly.
- Provide internal and external customer service to customers, remote sales team, plant personnel, and other departments within the company
- Input and verify orders, price, and shipping information within the SAP system
- Coordinate between manufacturing and customers to resolve order issues
- Update and maintain customer information within our database
- Generate daily reports to provide status updates
- Complete invoicing and related billing tasks
- Assist other team members within the Customer Service Department, as needed
- Assist with orders pertaining to the Fiber/Filtration Department, as needed
- Serve as Payroll backup
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, some college preferred
- 1+ years of customer service experience in an office environment supporting internal and external customers
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel required
- SAP experience preferred
- Experience with importing and exporting is preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to physically move about the manufacturing plant at a quick pace.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time