Customer Service Representative
Carpenter Co. has a great opportunity available for Customer Service Representative our Elkhart manufacturing branch. Reporting to the General Manager and working in tandem with fellow Customer Service Representatives, this position is responsible for all aspects of order entry, setting up deliveries for our customers, and providing outstanding customer service. Major responsibilities will include communicating with our customers, Traffic Manager, Plant Manager, Department Managers and loading docks, changing ship dates, confirming deliveries, and servicing our customers with professionalism and enthusiasm. Providing support to our Accounts Payable department may also become part of your job later on, splitting your time between customer service and A/P processing.
- Answer telephone calls from our external customers and internal company personnel.
- Take, enter, and confirm orders.
- Update load schedule and provide updates to the docks.
- Communicate with production and shipping when customer places add-on's or same-day deliveries.
- Change ship dates in computer/SAP database.
- Make and distribute truck sheets and make any necessary changes for customer service.
- Generate and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly reports to appropriate personnel.
- Keep track of major customers' deliveries and reports.
- Take and respond to customer phone calls, and proof orders.
- Match receipts to invoices.
- Daily scanning of invoices.
- Accounts Payable entry and processing.
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of related customer service & accounts payable experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment dealing with business-to-business interactions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Windows.
- Proficiency in mathematics, particularly percentages, fractions and measurements.
- SAP experience a major plus.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment in close proximity to co-workers and other office personnel.
- Great organization, planning, customer service, and people skills.
Hours: Typically 8 AM to 5 PM with a one-hour lunch break, plus occasional overtime as needed.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Job Status: Full Time