Customer Service Representative - Office Professional (Desoto, TX)
Customer Service Representative
Carpenter Co. has a great Customer Service Representative opportunity available at our Desoto, TX manufacturing branch. Reporting to the General Manager and working in tandem with our Delivery Scheduler and a fellow Customer Service Representative, this entry-level position is responsible for all aspects of order entry, backing up the Delivery Scheduler to set up deliveries and trucks for our customers, and providing outstanding customer service. Major responsibilities will include communicating with our customers, Traffic Manager, Plant Manager, and loading docks, changing ship dates, routing trucks, planning trailer fills, confirming deliveries, and servicing our customers with professionalism and enthusiasm.
Additional Responsibilities of the Customer Service Representative:
- Answer telephone calls from our external customers and internal company personnel.
- Take, enter, and confirm orders.
- Update load schedule and provide updates to the docks.
- Communicate with production and shipping when customer places add-on's or same-day deliveries.
- Schedule customer deliveries by region and ship date by maintaining full truck loads and reduced stops with numbers of EPS controlled by production.
- Route trucks to get best the mileage.
- Change ship dates in computer/SAP database.
- Keep the scheduling board up-to-date. Maintain three days closed out on board.
- Make and distribute truck sheets and make any necessary changes for customer service.
- Generate and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly reports to appropriate personnel.
- Keep track of major customers' deliveries and reports.
- Take and respond to customer phone calls, and proof orders.
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- One to three years of related customer service experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Windows.
- SAP experience a major plus.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment in close proximity to co-workers and other office personnel.
- Great organization, planning, customer service, and people skills.
Hours: Typically 8 AM to 5 PM with a one-hour lunch break, plus infrequent evening overtime as needed.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. Our EPS Triad Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Job Status: Full Time