Customer Champion (Customer Service Manager)
Customer Champion – Day Shift
Carpenter Co has an immediate opening for a Customer Champion at our Riverside, CA manufacturing plant reporting to the Division Manager. This position is responsible for monitoring and pushing for resolution of issues through our plant management and sales personnel, when needed, to ensure these issues are resolved in a thorough and efficient manner. The Customer Champion must be able to coordinate and look out for problems that affect the plant, sales and the customer. In this role, this will require daily communication with employees in the plant, department supervisors, other department managers, and plant management. This position works in a normal manufacturing environment with constant exposure to temperature changes and different noise levels. Major challenges involve continuously keeping our customers happy by ensuring we ship quality products, that are also accurate and on-time.
- Perform as an order expeditor.
- Liaison between the production plant and the Customer.
- Help coordinate product changes with production.
- Satisfy the Customer without compromising the company’s commitment to produce and ship a quality product at a fair price.
- Develop and nurture a partnership with the customer through regular visits and phone calls to the customer.
- Be objective, (look at Carpenter through the eyes of a Customer).
- When a Quality issue does occur, communicate it to the appropriate plant departments and management.
- Know our processes and look for ways to make production more efficient and cut costs mutually for the company and the Customer.
- Possess an adequate knowledge understanding of the Customer’s ordering method.
- Possess a complete understanding of how the Customer’s product is used, scheduled for production and shipment.
- Keep Carpenter’s scheduling office informed of any requirement fluctuations.
- Main point of contact for all Riverside Division Furniture & Bedding customers to address non-routine issues, who wish to deal with the plant directly.
- Communicate issues with customers and salesmen regarding orders, shipments, credit and other business activity.
- Assist in troubleshooting, research and solving problems from either the production or sales side of the business.
- The Champion must be able to monitor both service and quality.
- The Champion must be able to communicate with sales, plant management, line personnel, and the Customer.
Requirements and Experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s level degree or equivalent years of experience in a manufacturing environment with experience in sales & customer service preferred.
- Must have 2+ years of prior management experience overseeing direct reports.
- Must have prior experience working with an ERP system; SAP experience preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, overtime, holidays, weekends when needed.
- Must be able to travel locally to meet customers, by at least 20%.
No phone calls or agencies, please
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time