Crane Operator - 2nd Shift (2:30pm-11:00pm)
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Crane Operator in our Shipping Department on 2nd shift [2:30pm -11:00pm] at our Tupelo, Mississippi foam manufacturing plant. The Crane Operator will operate an overhead crane using a wireless remote and move various slabs of foam to production lines as well as operate a chop saw.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with Quality Control, Department Manager and other employees in the department to make sure that all products being shipped will meet the requirements and specifications of the customer.
Additional Responsibilities of the Crane Operator:
- Inspect crane daily
- Reading and interpreting a tape measure
- Use forklift to load trailers as needed
- Clean foam debris from underneath the chop line
- Handle slabs of foam carefully
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree.
- One (1) +years of manufacturing experience.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Must be able to use computerized equipment in day to day operations and have computer knowledge.
- Must be able to become forklift certified
- Must have basic reading, writing and math skills.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Shift Hours: 2:30pm - 11:00pm normal schedule
No phone calls or agencies please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time