Corporate Communications Manager
Carpenter Co. has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Corporate Communications Manager at our Corporate office in Richmond, Virginia. The Corporate Communications Manager will be responsible for executing a proactive, internal and external communications strategy and approach for Carpenter Co. Reporting to the VP, Human Resources, the role supports executive leaders in developing and executing overall messaging and will manage the mix and oversight of internal and external communications for the organization.
The Corporate Communications Manager role is responsible for a broad and diverse range of business and marketing communications, partnering closely with Human Resources, Finance, Product Lines and executive leadership.
Additional responsibilities of the Corporate Communications Manager:
- Collaborates with executive leadership to execute internal and external executive messaging and engagement strategy
- Develops and implements Carpenter Co.’s communications strategy, building and maintaining a positive corporate identity and presence in the market
- With the assistant of the Marketing Content Specialist, manages corporate communications and branding in external, online and print platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and industry publications
- Provides consistent and timely messaging to leaders, people managers, and employees through targeted communication activities
- Develops and maintains positive professional relationships with various members of print, digital, and social media
- Assists executive leadership in developing presentations, speeches, and other important corporate messages
- Develops, composes, distributes, and implements policies to enhance the efficiency of corporate communications, further developing and maintaining of a positive image for all stakeholder groups
- Communicates progress toward Carpenter Co.’s strategic goals and deadlines to internal audiences
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Writing or other related discipline
- 3 or more years of prior marketing, communications, writing or eCommerce experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Organized with attention to detail
- Superior ability to write in a journalistic style that is customary for corporate and external publications and/or media outlets
- Ability to work with corporate management, employees and vendors.Ability to coordinate efforts of various teams in order to present a coherent message
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time