Carpenter Co. has an exciting career opportunity available for a Controls Specialist at our PetroChemical Plant in Pasadena, TX. The Controls Specialist is responsible for the design, installation, and maintenance of new and existing process control systems for the plant. The work requires a knowledge of both machine controls and process controls. Smaller projects are performed independently, while larger projects are performed as a member of a project team.
- Responsible for plant-wide process controls and administrative systems
- Supports new and existing technologies for corrections, improvements, performs preventive maintenance, etc.; gather, clarify and file information to keep these systems up-to-date
- Defines, purchases and assumes project leadership to install new equipment and improve existing equipment using new ideas, additions and changes
- Establishes the cost and performance of equipment, materials, controls and processes; presents this information as reports, quotes and MER’s, as required
- Participates in vendor selection and purchasing; contractor selection and management; safety and environmental compliance impacting project and maintenance activities, etc.
- Works in the field independently or with technicians to troubleshoot, repair and/or correct instrumentation and field devices
- Works with corporate IT personnel to maintain, upgrade or change administrative networking equipment and programs such as SAP and others
Skills / Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in a PSM-regulated chemical manufacturing environment
- Experience with:
- Direct experience with process distributive control.
- PLC and Microsoft suite software; plus knowledge and working experience with field instrumentation and devices.
- Incumbent must develop thorough knowledge of the plant process and equipment used
- Experience working with Delta V is a plus
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time