Carpenter Co. has an exciting career opportunity available for a Controls Engineer at our Reinhart Technical Center in Richmond, VA. This position is responsible for electrical, electronic, and computer control systems used in projects worked on by the Corporate Engineering group. Works individually or with a project team to upgrade, design and build control systems. This may include outside contractors or working with other Carpenter departments such as data processing or manufacturing branches. Being part of the Project Engineering team, this individual will contribute to best practices and be familiar with new technology.
- Develop concepts for machine controls
- Program/change machine controls and PLCs
- Upgrade, design and build control systems
- Serve as team leader by providing direction for Carpenter employees and outside vendors
- Negotiate with vendors and contractors outside the company
- Work with manufacturing branches to identify needs
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years experience of prior programming and control of industrial machinery and processes
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- PLC programming experience using Allen Bradley RSlogix softwares and Studio 5000 required, Siemens PLC using Step 7 is strongly preferred
- Graphical HMI programming with FactoryTalk View and/or Wonderware is required
- Experience with AC drives such as Allen Bradley Powerflex series, and SEW Eurodrive is preferred
- Experience drawing AutoCAD
- Experience in electrical controls hardware design, including safety systems
- Experience in Fanuc and ABB robots; programming via teach pendant
- Strong mechanical aptitude and computer skills are required
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time